February 19, 2013

DIY: Citrus Sea Salt Scrub



I've been making my own body scrubs for at least a year now but I think this is my new favorite recipe!
I know that there are body scrub recipes everywhere you look on the internet but I figured that since I was making a new scrub anyway, I would do a little diy too. 
I try to keep my skin exfoliated and moisturized all year but winter really just kills it no matter what.
Since we're going to Florida in a few weeks I wanted to give my skin a good exfoliation and get rid of all the dead and dry winter skin.
I usually use a finer salt or sugar in these scrubs since my skin is pretty sensitive but for this one I used a very coarse sea salt to really make sure I get good and exfoliated.  

This is such a simple recipe and uses just 4 ingredients from the kitchen! 
And it smells incredible!


1 cup coarse sea salt
1/4 cup oil (I usually use coconut oil but this time I used vegetable oil)
1 tsp lemon juice or zest (I used a little of both)
2 tsp orange zest 

Mix all your ingredients together and store in a container like a mason jar.
This recipe made two 8 ounce jars of scrub. 

I keep my jars right in the shower and after I shave I use them on my whole body (minus the face).
It feels so wonderful and your skin will feel like butter!
I would only use this a few times a week or less though since it's very coarse.
I would recommend using a finer sugar scrub most days and then exfoliate once or twice a week with this one.


I use this recipe for my daily sugar scrub:

No comments:

Post a Comment